Full-time and part-time classified employees with the Virginia Indigent Defense Commission are eligible to receive benefits from the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Flex Benefits Program
- Retirement Plan
- 457-Deferred Compensation and Cash Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- Basic & Optional Life Insurance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Leaves of Absence
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Virginia Indigent Defense Commission is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. Employment is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to professional competence. It is the Commission’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or political affiliation. The VIDC is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our workforce. We encourage and welcome qualified applicants of all identities, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
VIDC Affinity Groups
- The Action Group: Non-attorney staff group that shares resources and advice, influences internal policies, and helps non-attorney staff workshop through internal issues in a confidential setting.
- Women Defenders: Group for those who identify as women to share experiences, provide internal support, engage socially, and engage external networks.
- PRIDC: Confidential network and resource for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, gender non-conforming, non-binary, or otherwise LGBTQIA+ employees and their allies.
- Alliance for Race Equity (“The Alliance”): Group for all employees, regardless of racial identity, who are interested in advancing race equity.
- People of Color (POC) Leadership Development Committee: Subcommittee of the Alliance (for people of color) that advocates for the adoption of policies, practices and initiatives that remove cultural barriers to leadership development and advancement within the organization.
- People of Color (POC) Recruiting Committee: Subcommittee of the Alliance (for people of color) that strategically assists the VIDC in recruiting diverse and high performing talent for all roles in the organization.
- PD Parents: Group that provides a space for employees who are parents to share experiences, resources, and advice; and advocates for equitable and inclusive policies for employees who are parents or expecting.
- IDC Paralegals Network: Group for VIDC paralegals to share resources and advice to help define roles and workshop through internal issues in a confidential setting.
DEDICATED to protecting and defending the rights and dignity of our clients through zealous, compassionate, high quality legal advocacy.